- This programme is designed for non financial managers who are not accountants but have a need to have an understanding of how finance works.
- It demystifies finance and the finance department by explaining simply and clearly what the key financial statements mean, how they work and relate to each other and how the actions of managers affect them and the business.
- The course will empower you with the knowledge required to present reports to boards or committees using the correct financial terminology
Timings: 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Booking confirmations: We will email you to confirm receipt of your booking within five working days. A confirmation invoice will be issued to either request payment by either BACS/cheque or confirmation of payment if you have made a card payment already through our World Pay Account. Again this will be issued within five working days. Also detailed joining instructions are normally released by email at least seven working days prior to the date of the course.
We look forward to receiving your booking and welcoming you onto the course.
- Attendees will be at ease with financial language and get to grips with financial statements.
- Understand cash flow and cash management.
- Be able to radically improve planning and financial budgeting skills.
- Know what management accounting is and financial costing on a relevant and accurate basis.
- Know what financial figures reveal – understanding and interpreting accounts.
- Be more aware of the impact of decisions on the profitability of the business.
- Have a greater awareness of the finance function within the organisation.
Key skill sets taught.
Our finance for non financial managers training course will teach you the skill sets required to effectively communicate with financial managers. Key financial skills taught include:
- Correct financial terminology
- Grounding in the history of the finance department
- Interpreting financial statements
- Managing financial performance measurement
- Financial Forecasting
- Financial Budgeting
- Financial Investment appraisal
- Corporate financial assessment
I thought the content & pace was very good and it was extremely useful to be able to talk through real world examples. You did a great job of making the topic interesting and the discussions about your experiences were very valuable. I also enjoyed running through the exercises. Well done!
Thoroughly enjoyed the course – trainer very patient and encouraging
Just wanted to say thank you for such an excellent course the other day – pitched at the right level and started some genuine conversations about better financial management within the company and how people can impact our business positively. I’ve heard great feedback that you presented in a way that wasn’t patronising but was informative and also mindful of the fear factor with Finance so thank you for that too. I certainly enjoyed the course and a good refresh on my MBA 😉
Great course, really enjoyed it and benefited from it!
Excellent training course pitched at the right level – excellent trainer
An excellently run course which was very well presented and taught the basics of finance in a way which was easy to grasp – Highly recommended.
Very Well Done Course – good to learn the basics but also have a sound foundation to build on “watchout accounting”
Trainers presentation style was excellent and helped to put attendees at ease. Course small size was useful to encourage attendees to share experiences / ask questions openly.
Course has given me a better understanding of Financial requirements. I can include information to save time and effort from the Financial Department.
It was excellent for the broad group involved, who had different levels and areas of responsibility for financial management tasks
The trainer did an excellent job and the day was interactive and interesting
Examples and Case Studies particularly good
I found the day very informative with a very good presentation of such a large topic
Good pace, covered what the delegates needed, easy to ask questions and very patient !
Provided vital financial knowledge to help in running a strong and effective organisation in a challenging climate
I feel alot more confident in translating business finances – Very informative, well received and I’m glad I had the chance to come along – pitch just right
I have enhanced confidence in managing the finances and evaluating the performance of my business
Fantastic course, content very good for such a potentially difficult and complex subject – the exercises reinforced learning and provided a good mixture of theory v application
I think the course was very good. It explained everything well and in an easy and simple way to follow. The exercises were also a good way of getting your head around the information
It was excellent and I will recommend it to my colleagues and direct line reports
A very professional training course run well with excellent supporting material
Stephen was very patient, very informative and a great teacher. Magnificent day – thoroughly enjoyed it!
In-House, Video and Tele-Conferencing Training & Coaching
We can come to you!
£575.00 + VAT
INCLUDES: Expert trainer, learning materials, lunch and refreshments.