Our course provides an understanding of the legal and best practice requirements necessary to conduct an investigation and the skills required by the investigators.
Those attending will learn about a process approach to the handling of investigations, which may be applied to a range of situations, and will take away an investigation ‘toolkit’.
The start dates of the course are shown on the right under the locations.
Timings: 9.30 am to 4.30 pm.
We will continue to review the government guidance through 2020/21 to ensure all our small group training courses allow for adequate social distancing. We will always select a spacious training room and adjust the delivery methods to take into account the need for social distancing.
We also offer the option of Video/Tele-Conferencing training/coaching through Zoom.
Booking confirmations: We will email you to confirm receipt of your booking within five working days. A confirmation invoice will be issued to either request payment by either BACS/cheque or confirmation of payment if you have made a card payment already through our World Pay Account. Again this will be issued within five working days. Also detailed joining instructions are normally released by email at least seven working days prior to the date of the course.
We look forward to receiving your booking and welcoming you onto the course.
- Appreciating the importance of a fair and consistent procedure
- Be able to understand the importance of evidence and the consideration of reasonableness to avoid an unfair dismissal
- Greater awareness of the Acas code of practice, discrimination, harassment and bullying complaints
- Recognise the need to select the right person to investigate ensuring there is a clear scope and aim of the investigation
- Access of online and offline information and documents
- Be able to plan and structure the investigation taking into account the complainant issues, witnesses and representatives
- Be confident in the purpose and structure of the interviews
- Be able to maintain control of the discussions and focus on the facts
- Know what records or transcripts to capture and prepare into statements
- Confidently evaluate the evidence taking into account conflicting and corroborating information
- Recognising how to produced an effective report back including contents, who receives a copy and permission to disclose, findings and conclusions as well as making recommendations
Great course, informative, organised and well detailed
I was happy with the content and the engagement with worksheets and doing tasks in groups was great
Brilliant course, well delivered and look forward to the next
Very informative and related to our business including our Policies and Procedures
Very thorough, very well conducted and detailed where required
Course was very helpful and informative
Enjoyed the course, especially the scenario exercise
Great, engaging course – generated loads of discussions in the group
In-House Training & Coaching
We can come to you!
£495.00 + VAT
INCLUDES: Expert trainer, training materials, certificate, lunch and refreshments